Saturday, August 22, 2009

Nora's Visit 2009

Nora came to visit this week. We hadn't seen each other in over a year. Her last visit here was for my baby shower in 2007. And my last trip to Arlington was a while back, she had just had Addison. So we were due a visit. I met Nora in Jr. High in 1989, holy cow that was a long time ago. We were friends then and became better friends in high school and then became closer after graduation when we met back up one semester at Tarrant County College. She had come back from school in Utah and I was trying to make up what I had messed up at UTA. Anyway we got reconnected and became closer then ever. I helped her move, (several times, but I wasn't counting)anyway, I invited her on a trip skiing with my boyfriend, (soon to be fiance') and Paul invited his friend Roger. He had a feeling I wasn't gonna enjoy skiing so it worked out for me to have someone to shop with and he could have a buddy to hit the slopes with. Paul and I got married a year later and Nora and Roger moved to Utah and married a year later. Funny how things work out. They moved back to Arlington and we moved here to San Antonio. So here we are now, married with two kids and 20 years later still friends.


Can't start the week without a visit to Krispy Kreme.



Hanging out at La Cantera


Addison was pretty fearless with animals.


Addison really liked Tyson. He seemed to just make her laugh all of the time.

Sweet Little Addison


Tyson and Alex got along pretty well this time. Tyson enjoyed showing him things. And Alex enjoyed Tyson's playroom.

2 comments:

  1. 20 years?? Are we that old? I almost cried reading that! We had so much fun! Thanks again for a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 20 years ago we met in 7th grade at Gunn. Can you belive it???

    ReplyDelete