Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Two kids and a dog.....

http://www.centarastandardschnauzers.com/Pictures/stork_baby.gif

Well, the stork should be arriving this evening. I think I am pretty excited. I use the term think because I am afraid to get too attached in case it doesn't work out. I swore up and down I would not own an other pet for a LONG LONG time after Pepper and Pancho died. Clearly I caved. A retired racing Greyhound will be joining our family tonight. Paul has wanted a greyhound for as long as I've known him. He is beside himself with excitement. Tyson is equally ecstatic. Emmy on the other hand.......we just don't know. When you mention the dog to her all she says is "NO PUPPY NO, NO DOG NO!" We shall see.

We have been looking at the Greyhounds for a few weeks now. And last Saturday we decided on "Mint Julep," we plan to call her Jules as Mint Julep was her racing name and a bit long. She is mostly white with some brown. She seemed to have a very sweet personality. She raced for two years and is almost five. We are actually fostering her with "intent." Kind of like taking her on a test drive. We filled out the application, went through two sets of interviews and the people bringing her over will then do the home inspection. SERIOUSLY?!?!?!? A bit excessive right? I sure hope we pass. As long as this dog is looking a for a NON quiet, often chaotic home with plenty of childrens' toys to chew on...we're in!!!

Check out the other Greyhounds looking for a home at Heart of Texas Greyhounds.


No comments:

Post a Comment