Thursday, May 20, 2010

What happened to the 3 legged race?

Tyson had his first Field Day on Thursday. It was our second attempt to have it, due to weather last week it had been rescheduled. His school is fortunate to be directly across the street from a huge county park, which makes Field Day even more special since it's not at the school . Each class wore different color Tshirts, that made for easy grade recognition. It actually worked out better for me, it being on a Thursday Em was in school so I could give Tyson my undivided attention. Paul took the day off so he could volunteer. He was up at the park by 7 am helping the PE teacher get the stations set up. Tyson likes me being at the school events, but he has gotten used to it; having Paul there was extra special.

Field day consists of 20 or so stations and the classes are rotated through to each one spending about 10 minutes at the station. AND there is no competition. No 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place ribbons. No score is kept. No winners, no losers. Everybody wins. There were no relay races, no tug-of-war, and there was no 3 legged race. Quick side note: My friend Jeana and I rocked the 3 legged race competition back in 5th and 6th grade. It was definitely different from how I remembered Field Day, but the kids seemed to have so much fun.


The snack station.....always a hit.


Cup stacking!!! Who knew? This was a huge favorite with the kiddos, especially mine.


Grab the Flag......this one got a little messy.


Ava. Enough said there. This little girl has been asking me to have a "play date" with Tyson since she met me on the 2nd day of school.


Look at that form! Go Buddy Go!!!


Tossing the soft frisbe into the rolling basket


Rolling the hula hoop to the red cone

All in all I would call our first Field Day a SUCCESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment