Wednesday, May 26, 2010

He's only 6 and he has 2 graduations under his belt.....

Today was very bittersweet for me. I am so proud of my Tyson. I can't believe an entire school year has gone by. He has developed so much intellectually and socially. He's about to be a 1st grader....WOW! He started school barely being able to read, math was counting to 100 and no idea about past presidents. He now can read chapter books by himself, do addition , subtraction and story problems, he knows parts and punctuation of a sentence, and knows all about the the influential previous presidents and so much more. He was just a sponge this year and seemed to really enjoy learning. He can't wait to read to us each evening......"one more page, please Mommy." I am one PROUD Mommy!!!!



Colton and Tyson were up to no good. They giggled the whole time.

Go Buddy! It was so cute, the principal, assistant and the counselor all wore their cap and gowns to handout the "diplomas."
The expression on his face sums up the whole morning. He was so excited. He was laughing and being pretty silly most of the ceremony. Anyone that knows Tyson knows this is not his normal behavior.


After the ceremony we went back to the classroom so the kids could show us a book of their work completed during the year. Then we were treated to a slide show of pictures set to the cutest music. As I watched I couldn't help but get teary eyed.......all of these kids have grown so much. Being the room mom I've been coming to the class since the beginning of the year and have really gotten to know all of the kiddos. I should mention each child also got a copy of the slide show on a DVD to take home. My child has watched it at least 20 times already.



Kennedy and Tyson.......I will never forget after the first couple days of school he came home saying Kennedy was his friend and she was always nice to him.

Of course, Jackson is best buddy.


We will all miss Mrs. Heinze! She has made this year so wonderful for Tyson, for that I will always be so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment