Thursday, April 29, 2010

Argh Matey!

Clearly I have been under the weather if I haven't updated my blog since last week. We took the kids to a birthday party last weekend (that was right before the unthinkable happened, I'll come back to that later). It was a pirate themed birthday party for our friend Camden, complete with a treasure hunt and pirate booty.


Two of my pirates


This chaos up above was the kids scrambling for the first clue


ahhhh, an eye patch.....every good pirate needs one


and they need jewels


Em and the birthday boy



So back to the "unthinkable." I got sick. Not just a cold. But STREP THROAT. I'm pretty sure I haven't had that since I was 7 years old. And when it hit, it hit me hard! I was out of commission almost instantly. I spent most of Sunday laying around feeling sorry for myself taking Tylenol and IB Profin (not at the same time of course) and wishing my throat didn't feel like it was on fire. By mid Monday I was coming around. I stayed in bed as long as Em would let me. Which was about 5 minutes. She came in our room and asked "Mommy, why you in bed?" Mommy is sick punkin. Wanna just watch Max and Ruby while Mommy rests, I pleaded. With big tears in her eyes, bottom lip sticking out she asked "well, can you still get my apple juice?" And like that I was up. Sick day officially over.





No comments:

Post a Comment