Friday, March 5, 2010

Can I just hit the "pause" button?

I know I've said this before but I feel the need to say it again. I just can't believe how fast time goes by. It almost seems unreal to think that my babies are almost 6 and 3. I think because I am spending so much time with Emerson and since Tyson is at school and it's just her and I each day. I keep seeing her change right before my eyes. I was having coffee with Mendi this morning and even she said a couple of times "Wow, Emmy isn't a baby anymore. She talks so much. She is so tall." These are all things I keep saying too but for some reason hearing her say them just hit home today. I don't know why. I feel like one minute I was carrying this chunky monkey around and the next I'm blow drying her beautiful blond hair while she kisses herself in the mirror (that's another post for another time).

November 2007

These two pictures make me laugh. They were taken 26 months apart but they are very much the same. Same beautiful, bright blue eyes, the nose hasn't changed a bit, and her mouth is open because if she's awake she is talking.


Yesterday

1 comment:

  1. It is so amazing when you can pause & remember what it was like when they were teeny tiny.
    Some days I so wish they were still that small,with their chubby cheeks & pug noses. But, that of course will not happen.

    ReplyDelete