Friday, March 26, 2010

Action Packed Thursday

Paul took Thursday and Friday off from work to spend some "Spring Break" time with Tyson. Our Thursday started fairly early with a quick drop off for Em at school (her Spring Break was last week) than I met my guys at our favorite breakfast place, Magnolia Pancake Haus. Tyson loves to eat here and he hadn't been in over a year. To say he had been saving up an appetite would be an understatement.

It's so hard to wrap my brain around how big he is. We have been coming here since he was little; he would sit in the high chair, and play with the free kids pancake.
Apparently those days are LONG gone. He managed to consume all 3 chocolate chip pancakes, 1 sausage patty, half of my hash browns, oh and some orange juice (which he NEVER orders, but "that's what Grandpa drinks with breakfast" so now so does Tyson).


Now that we had stuffed ourselves silly, it was time to go bowling. Tyson had never really bowled before. We are actually having his birthday party there so we thought it might be a good idea to make sure he liked it.
Quick side note, I can't walk into a Bowling Alley and not go into complete song in my head, "Let's Bowl," from Grease 2. I know I probably shouldn't say that out loud but I'm cheesey that way.
Check out that form!

He LOVED it! We had so much fun. I actually bowled my all time high........125. That's right, I BEAT my competitive hubby! And it felt OH SO GOOD!!!

All done with bowling, it was time to pick up Emmy from school and take the kids to the zoo.
Hey! Check out those monkeys! And the ones in the cage too!


We packed lunches, since every one knows Zoo food isn't that tasty and very overpriced. My kids always enjoy a picnic lunch.


I believe I said to the kids before I took the picture, "hey guys, look like you love each other!" This is what I got. Can you feel the love?

We are out! Everyone was exhausted, including Paul and I. That didn't stop Tyson from asking, "Hey Mommy, what's for breakfast tomorrow?" Seriously?!? You just ate your way through Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment