Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What's Black and White and Red all over?

Anyone who knows me, knows that I can't let a holiday go by without baking something special. Since the kids are celebrating Valentines Day tomorrow at school, I thought I would do my baking today. I baked vanilla cupcakes with a chocolate buttercream frosting. According to my taste testers, "they were yummy!" I searched the internet for a white cake recipe. Truth be told I have several already, I'm just not that crazy about them. I happen to like a light textured cake over a dense cake. Anyway, I found this one on Martha Stewart's website. And it was everything I could hope for in a white cupcake. And the frosting.....don't even get me started on the frosting.......it is literally heaven in a bowl (anything with 4 sticks of butter and 5 cups of powdered sugar not to mention the semi sweet chocolate should be illegal).

When I bought these black and white cupcake liners a few months ago I just knew they would be so cute for Valentines Day.


All packaged up and ready to be delivered to Tyson's and Em's teachers tomorrow. Aren't these boxes CUTE?!?!

I will be placing these in the back of the fridge......I don't trust my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment