Monday, February 15, 2010

Not the post I had in mind.......

When I woke up this morning a trip to the Urgent Care clinic AND the Emergency Room was not on my agenda. What was on my agenda was a date with my sister and the kids....we had planned to go bowling to celebrate President's Day.

All of that went awry when I heard a "thump" on the baby monitor followed by Emerson's screaming. Em falls A LOT but never even cries so when I heard the screaming I knew something was bad. "Emmy fall down on wall" she tearfully explained. I picked her up and was trying to calm her down when Tyson said "Oh Mommy, looks she's bleeding!" What?!? Mommy doesn't do blood. I sat her down to assess the damage. Yes, she was bleeding and her eye was swelling up faster than I could dial Paul on the phone. Tyson and Em explained that she was running to get a toy and fell and hit her face on the her window sill, it's a bay window and happens to be right at her eye level.

Of course she wouldn't let me touch her eye to wipe the blood. We made the decision to take her to the Urgent Care Clinic. After the tech got her eye cleaned up the doctor came in to take a look and said no she really needs to go to the ER. He felt she needed stitches and that would require conscience sedation and they didn't do that there. Perfect! Now I'm not going to even pretend to act tough....I was a wreck. Anyone who knows me, knows I am the biggest wimp and I DO NOT do well with blood especially when it belongs to my kiddos. So off we went to the ER down the street. I am so grateful Jenn was with me, she had met us the the Urgent Care clinic. Got to the hospital and got checked in. I only had to answer how this happened 5 different times, but whatever I know they were just doing their job. Anyway....long story short. The doctor wanted to use Dermabond Glue instead of stitches. So we held her down for what seemed like an eternity but was actually only about 5 minutes while the doctor placed this super glue stuff on her eye. I should mention it took 2 nurses, my sister and I to hold her down while he worked his magic.

That's it! All done! Don't get it wet for 5 days. No problem.

I took this right after I called Paul.

starting to swell

All glued up and ready to go

I fear it may look worse in the next few days, more like a black eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment