Saturday, August 27, 2011

It's a "garden party"......inside

Emerson celebrated her birthday again, but this time it was her birthday party. We choose a "garden party" theme. However, it's been so HOT we did inside activities and gave "garden" theme favors to everybody. Each child got a decorated clay pot filled with a small pink hand shovel, a bag of seeds, a bag of potting soil and some gummy worms.

You would never know by this picture that the birthday girl was crying right before everyone got here. I love my Emmy but she IS emotional.

Her colors were hot pink and lime green with hint of yellow. I made pink, green and yellow tie-dyed cupcakes topped with cream cheese frosting. I got these adorable toppers on Etsy.

The kids did "flower" crafts.


Then it was time for the BIG fun. We gave each kiddo a canvas, some paint, a brush and told them to go to town. They all seemed to really enjoy the painting.



My big girl! I can't believe my baby is 4!



Em received LOTS of great gifts including her first pair of cowgirl boots from Grandma and Grandpa.

She also got a handmade Strawberry Shortcake pillowcase from Tyson. That was something him and Cathy had been working on for her.

"thank you Tyson!"

Here is a shot of Em with two of her favorite gifts, boots from Mom and Dad and an art easel from Paul's parents. It was a fabulous party and I feel lucky we got to celebrate with great friends and neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment