Thursday, May 3, 2012

Time. It just keeps on tickin.......

I feel like I just wrote this same post last year.....or the year before....or even the year before that.  Basically these years are just flying by and there is nothing I can do to stop them.  I have an eight year old......those words are just difficult to write.  Instead of getting sappy and emotional I will focus on the things that make Tyson who he is at age 8.  My Tyson is very intelligent and witty at the same time.  He enjoys school and he LOVES to read.  Science and history are equally as exciting to him.  His other passion is just being outside, riding his scooter, playing with any ball and now riding his new big bicycle, and he still loves to play on his Kindle Fire.  He likes to watch and wear any thing OU, OKC Thunder and now he has developed a new love for the Texas Rangers. He also likes "work-out" clothes, anything athletic or sporty.  I have no idea where he got this thing for clothing and brands. He's a pretty well rounded kid and I'm so glad he's mine.

 The birthday boy at 6:30 in the morning.


 We got him some new tennis shoes, a size 4 I might add.


 Grandma and Grandpa sent him some Ranger gear (in preparation for our Ranger game with them this summer)

 He also got a Lego gift card from Paul's parents.  I'm sure we have a trip to the Lego store in our near future.


Mom and Dad got him his very own Ranger jersey too.......he loved it!!!


 Chocolate chip muffins for breakfast this morning.


 Instead of a birthday party we are taking Tyson and three of his buddies to a Redhawks game next Saturday.  So today is birthday celebration part 1 and the rest to be continued.........

No comments:

Post a Comment