Sunday, October 23, 2011

The power of PINK

I am going to take a quick time out from the blogging I do about my kids.  This post is about me!  Feel free to skip ahead to the next post about the grandkids!

A little over 10 weeks ago I decided I wanted to run in the Susan Komen Race for the Cure.  I had participated in the past, just never actually ran.  This year it was personal and I really wanted to do it.  So I got on line and found some different running apps.  Found one that looked good then I invited Sherri to train with me.  She has been my rock since Mom was diagnosed with breast cancer in January and I thought "who not include her in my running misery?"  I have always exercised, I've done classes, I've lifted weights and always gone for cardio walks.....but never have I ran.  Except for the time I was trying to impress Paul with my athleticism back in 1997.  Guess it worked like a charm cause 5 quick years later her married me.   Anyway.....back to my running.  Sherri and I would run three times a week, starting with 60 second intervals combined with 90 seconds of walking and eventually that lead to 28 minutes of running.  The plan to was to be able to complete a 5K at the end of the 9 week training program.


We did it!!!!

Couldn't have done it without my support group.  


No comments:

Post a Comment