Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Double Chocolate Pumpkin cake with my little punkin



As the temperature cools down I can't help but turn the oven on and bake, bake, and more baking!!!  I have an addiction.  My name is Jill and my week is not complete if I haven't used my mixer at least twice.  I was scrolling through different recipe blogs and I found this delicious looking Double Chocolate Pumpkin Cake with a Spice Buttercream.  Sold! 




What you need to make this decadent cake:

1 box devils food cake mix
1 small box chocolate fudge instant pudding
1/2 c canola oil
1/2 c milk
1/2 c sour cream
4 eggs
1 -15 ounce can pumpkin (reserve about 2 tablespoons for for buttercream)
2 c semi sweet chocolate chips

Spice buttercream
2 sticks unsalted softened butter
2 T pumpkin
1/4 t cinnamon
4 cups powdered sugar
2-3 T milk


  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray 2 9x5 loaf pans with cooking spray and line bottom with parchment paper.
  • In a mixing bowl place all cake ingredients and mix till well combined, about 2 minutes.  Divide cake batter into two loaf pans and bake for 50-60 minutes.  Let cool in pans for about 10 minutes then turn out onto cooling racks.
  • Once cakes are cool place butter, 2 T reserved pumpkin, and cinnamon into bowl.  Mix on high till well combined then slowly add powdered sugar until thick and creamy.  Slowly add the milk till desired consistency.  Frost over cooled cakes then slice. 
 Warning:  It's dangerously moist and delicious!                                     


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness...that looks so good! We have been looking for a good desert to make. Believe it or not, San Antonio is supposed to be cooler this weekend and something about the cool weather makes me want to BAKE!!!
    I also found this recipe on a blog and thought it looked good. It's a Pumpkin Crunch Cake...
    http://www.thepickyapple.com/blog/2009/10/31/some-of-my-favorite-pumpkin-recipes/

    ReplyDelete