Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A New Lucas Family Tradition

Our July 4th morning started pretty early when my alarm went off at 6:30. I put a pot of coffee on and got myself ready before I woke up the rest of the group. My plan was to make "pigs in a blanket" to take with us to the parade than pack up a small cooler of drinks. Mission accomplished! I woke the kids up around 7:15 and they were dressed and ready to go within 10 minutes. They were so excited for their first 4th of July parade. The parade started at 9, so I figured if we got there by 8:15 we should be able to find a good spot. Well, was I in for a surprise......most of Edmond was already there and from the looks they had been there since 7ish. We managed to find a place to park and walk a few blocks down Broadway and even found a pretty good spot on the corner. We set up our chairs, got out our breakfast and handed out the apple juice, let the festivities begin!






Tyson was so cute, he had brought his camera too and couldn't wait to snap some pics. Hmmm, wonder who he gets that habit from?
A good time a was had by all! And it actually stayed pretty overcast most of the parade which helped to keep the temperature from getting above 150 degrees. On the way home Tyson told us, "we should do this every 4th of July!" Buddy I think that's an excellent idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment