Thursday, August 30, 2012

So.......I'm working......kinda

Pardon the brief pause in the normal blog action.........this post is about me!

No, not kinda, I am working.  This summer I completed the application for employment with my kid's school district, went downtown and got finger printed,  attended a orientation/training, waited a few weeks and voila.....just like that I am a substitute teacher.  I can sub at any of the many schools in our district however I only want to sub at the kids school.  I figured I could sub one day or two a week.  It would keep me busy and would bring home a little extra money.  Well the kids have been in school for all of 9 days and I have worked 4 and am scheduled to work tomorrow as well as I have dates already booked in September.  See it turns out that all of the hours I put in on the PTO has helped to make me "known" among the teachers and therefor a "highly requested substitute teacher."  They have been emailing me and texting me to see if I can work. I love it!  And my kids love it!  They love me being up there.  They love coming to find my room after school.  And they get a kick out of hearing kids they don't know call me "Mrs. Lucas" as well as give me hugs.   Truth be told I've been married for 10 years and I have heard my last name more in the last 5 days than I have in all 10 years.

My school day ends as soon as the last child leaves the room  That does not hold true for the teachers.  They have hard jobs and most take their work home with them.  I am happy to be doing this part time and I always have and will continue to have the utmost respect for all teachers.

Ok, back to the blogging about the kids.........I felt the need to put this out there as an excuse for my tardy blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment