Saturday, July 17, 2010

Peace, Love and Cupcakes

I made these rainbow cupcakes for Tyson's birthday back in May and I really enjoyed the finished product. I was so stressed about getting them right for his party, I forgot to take pictures. So, when I had the opportunity to make these for Emily's 6th birthday, I had to take lots of pictures. Shelley asked if I could make "tie-dyed" ones for her Em. Of course Emily had specific color requests. Her party had a "peace" theme, complete with tie-dyed shirts for the favors. So naturally.....a tie dyed cupcake was a must.

This what you get when you combine 1 box white cake mix, 4 eggs, 1/2 c oil, 1/2c water, 8 oz sour cream, and one small box vanilla instant pudding. Mix, and divide batter into 5 bowls and drop your choice of food coloring in. Ta Da....

Alternately spoon batter into cupcake liners and bake for 22 minutes.

They're so pretty it seems like a shame to cover them up with frosting.


But they're even prettier inside

Complete with matching "tie-dyed" napkin

1 comment:

  1. I am going to have to make these for the kids! They look like fun. Can make it be a cool science project too.

    ReplyDelete