Thursday, July 15, 2010

Dessert thrown together at the LAST minute

Tyson walked in the kitchen yesterday while I was making dinner and asked, "Mommy what's for dessert?" They're a little spoiled in the dessert department.....but lately I haven't been baking. Maybe because it so stinkin' HOT outside and the thought of using my oven makes me break out into a sweat. And I hate to sweat. Uhh, I wasn't planning on making anything, how 'bout a bowl of fresh fruit? The look on his face said it all, he was less than thrilled about the bowl of fruit idea. So I had to get creative with what I had in the pantry and in the fridge.

My version of a fruit pizza with what I had on hand.....

Sugar cookie dough (I had some in my fridge that I had made a few weeks ago)
8 oz softened cream cheese
marshmallow cream
fruit that your kids will eat........no fancy kiwi here
a little bit of coconut

Just roll out you cookie dough onto a pizza stone and bake at 350 for about 15 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let it cool completely. Mix your cream cheese with about half a jar of marshmallow cream. Spread onto your cooled giant cookie. Sprinkle some flaked coconut on top. Now just top with your favorite fruit. Berries are everywhere right now, so I had lots in the fridge. Stick it in the fridge for 30 minutes or so the cream cheese can firm up a bit.

Ta da.......last minute dessert with FRUIT! Tyson had 3 pieces and I lost track of how many pieces Paul ate.

No comments:

Post a Comment