Sunday, June 20, 2010

How can he really being heading off to college???

Halloween 2007


From the minute I heard that there was a Toy Story 3 coming out I couldn't wait to see it with Tyson. Buzz Lightyear was Tyson's first super hero he idolized. There was a period of time where he would only watch Toy Story........and by only I mean 10 times a day. He had a Buzz birthday party which he insisted on wearing his Buzz t-shirt. He had a Buzz backpack for pre school. Buzz was important.

However, Andy always held a special place in my heart. I loved the way he played with his toys and how great his imagination was. Which is why when I found out he was heading off to college I got this big lump in my throat. I teared up reading about the movie before I ever even saw it. Because we all know what college kids don't take with them to college......toys, even of they're his favorite toys. I won't spoil the ending for everyone that hasn't seen it. But, it was emotional. The whole thing......SAD. Yeah, sure the kids were following the story about the toys trapped in the daycare but the moms were awaiting the inevitable. What would happen when Andy got ready to leave??? How would he say good bye? Thank goodness I wore waterproof mascara. Otherwise I may have scared the children. I boohooed like a baby. I'm not sure when I turned into this big baby . It must have something to do with being a Mom. It's softened me.


Tyson's buddy Colton and his sister Bailey joined us for the movie.

This was Tyson's first 3D movie experience. How cute are these three with their glasses?


I can't imagine Tyson telling me he's ready to leave for college, and I can just get rid of his old toys. What about blue blanket? Russ? Buzz Bear? Tommy the Turtle? And his special purple pencil?

Can someone hit the "pause" button on the Life remote?

No comments:

Post a Comment