Saturday, February 26, 2011

"I won't need money, I'm gonna live in a castle"

Thursday on the way to school my kids decided to have a "when I grow up" conversation. It went something like this:

Tyson: Emmy, when I grow up I"m going to be a pilot. What about you?

Emerson: Well Tyson, I think I'll be a princess.

Tyson: (visibly annoyed with her answer) Emmy, that's not a real job and it doesn't pay you any money. How will you pay for your house?

Emerson: I won't need money Tyson. I'm gonna live in a castle.

Tyson: (even more annoyed) Emmy ok......fine! What's another job you would do when you grow up?

Emerson: Oh well that's easy. I'd be an actor.

It's a wonder I don't run off the road listening to these two. It's all I can do not to laugh uncontrollably.

It rained today. This was the first time it had stormed since we've lived here. My kids hadn't seen rain in so long. Tyson asked if school was "canceled because of the rain."

No comments:

Post a Comment