Tuesday, November 30, 2010

First day of school, round 2

Today was Em's first day at her new school. She woke up pretty excited about it, but did inform me at breakfast that she "was too scared to go to her new school." On the way over she was excited and talked a lot about it, but THEN when we went inside her classroom, stuff went bad!
She cried and told me she "wanted to back to her new house, please don't leave me." You know, the kind of stuff that really tears at your heart and makes you feel like a bad mom for leaving you child then heading off for a morning of coffee and shopping.

I gave her about 30 minutes then I called the director to see how she was doing. She said she was coloring and there was no sign of tears. She had a great day and only cried for a couple of minutes. She even took a nap. When she got in the car I asked, how was you day punkin? "It was good Mommy, kinda long and also Ava wasn't there." Ava was her friend from school in San Antonio. Emmy, Ava is in San Antonio......she didn't move here. "I know that. She wasn't in my class."

I decided to let it go, that conversation could have gone on all night.

All in all, it was a great first day and I think we are going to be very happy with her school.

No comments:

Post a Comment