Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Memorial Day 2012

Our neighborhood HOA puts together a picnic/pool opening party every Memorial Day.  It is planned and put together by the "social committee" of the HOA.  I opted not to join that committee this year on account that I worked pretty hard all school year long with PTO projects and monthly duties and  I wanted to relax and just attend the events not plan them.  However, when the social committee chair person lives right next door and begs you to come to the planning meeting at her house..........well, you can see where this is going.  And just like that the next thing I know I'm ordering $400 worth of hot dogs, buns, and condiments from Sam's.   I have got to learn to say no.


I got home from the planning meeting and the conversation went something like this:  "Hey babe, how do you feel about grilling for 2 hours?  Oh and also can you lead the neighborhood bike parade on your motorcycle after you get the coals going? And maybe can we use you and your truck to haul everything down to the pool.  I love you."  Can I just tell you how happy he was to also be part of this committee.   

Actually he was a good sport about it........... as always.


 The hood making their way down to the pool for the festivities!

 My kids loved decorating their bikes!

Our Grill Masters!


There was food........

 games and ink!


The picnic was fun and we had plenty of food.  Bring on Summer!

Brought to you by the Belmont Farms HOA Social Committee! 
guess I'm an honorary member.....

No comments:

Post a Comment