Monday, June 25, 2012

Good-byes are hard

The night we arrived at our new house here in Edmond back in 2010, our dog cut her leg.  Long story short, the moving truck wasn't coming till the morning and I only had essential stuff for the kids.  Unfortunately that did not include large gauze squares and sticky tape.  Paul had to go across the street and say, "Hi we're your new neighbors and can I borrow some large wound bandages and possibly some Neosporin?   My dog is bleeding."

Cathy and Dave so graciously invited them in (bleeding dog too) bandaged up Jules and made us a bag of emergency stuff to get through the night.  That is just a small example of the generosity that those two displayed with our family.  Over the next 18 months they became like "grandparents" for my kids.  They took them to movies, attended their birthday parties, invited them to come over and do crafts, Cathy taught Tyson to sew last summer, they made gingerbread houses over the holidays and even came to Em's dance recital.  We could not have asked for better neighbors.   They were more than just neighbors, they were family.

As soon as I found out they were going to be moving I knew I wanted to do something special for them.  Sherri and I put together a "going away" party for them on their last weekend in town.











Cathy and Dave we love you guys and YOU WILL be greatly missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment