Sunday, October 31, 2010

An evening with Friends

and I will miss you guys!!!


I am sure going miss Jolynn!!! Words cannot express how lucky I am to be able to call her my friend. There aren't too many people I can call and ask to pick up my sick child from school who is throwing up. And I should mention it was Jolynn's last day of freedom.......it was the kids last day of Mother's Day Out. And she can throw one heck of a "going away" party. Truly a great friend!!!


Wendy. Wendy. Wendy. Where do I start? I can still remember being at Chik-Fil-A 5 years ago hanging out in the play area watching our then 18 month old kiddos play, and this chatty brunette started talking to me, she had just moved here and didn't really know anyone or where stuff was. I had no idea what the future held for us........playgroups, second pregnancies, beach house vacations, girls nights, sleepovers, ranch house weekends, and LOTS and LOTS of memories. Love her!!! She's already planning a road trip with the boys to come up to Edmond in the summer.


I met Jeri last year, but we became close this summer. Her son Colton and Tyson are buddies. We have really enjoyed hanging out with her family. Jeri is so much fun to be around! I will miss her tons!!! I know we will stay in touch. Her family is also planning a trip up to OK to visit us.


Some of my favorite girls!!!


The guys! Paul has also formed some good friendships with Greg and Shea.


These ladies take me back to a different life. They were my first friends here in San Antonio, only because they had to be......they worked for me. I was their new pregnant manager at the bank and had just transferred from the Dallas region. A little over 6 years ago I met Shawna and Mary Lou. We've stayed in touch and been friends ever since.


After my materninty leave I transferred to a different banking center and these ladies worked for me there. Rubi and Karen and I quickly formed a bond. I love them.


Then there's Jill. Jill and I both graduated from the same high school and ran into each other at Pei Wei four years ago. We had no idea that each other lived in the same city. We both had 2 year old boys, and right there an instant friendship formed. Jilly is a great person and I will miss her!

Jenn and Mom came too, it was nice to have family there. Dad couldn't make it because he was going to Rangers game and the Rangers playing in a World Series trumped my "going away" party.


My other half. I'm ready to jump into the next chapter with you!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you had a wonderful party! I know moving can be super stressful and hard and you really do miss those bonds and friendships that you have! A few years ago my husband was offered a job in Houston, it's at least the same state and we do have a few friends there. I was terrified! Thank goodness at the very last minute it didn't pan out the way we wanted it to! Now he's thinking about moving to Galveston...just to do it and my stomach is already turning! I wish you and your family all the best! I hope your son gets settled in his new school quickly and easily and I wish you all the best. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete